Thursday, March 1, 2012

Patience = Virtue


Status: I really am being as patient as I can. I'm pretty proud of myself on that front. And I've decided to hold off on sending more queries for a little while. I know that my book is kick ass, so if I don't manage to get even a single bite, maybe my query letter is the problem. If everyone I sent it to so far rejects me, maybe I'll submit my current letter to Absolute Write and see what they have to say.


Number of queries sent: 18
Number of form rejections: 7
Number of requests for additional materials: 0

So I've started to really focus on my new WIP. This is wonderful for a multitude of reasons. First and foremost, like Absolute Write, it provides a good distraction from the horror that is patiently waiting for query responses. I like having something else writing/book/career related to think about.

Then, there's also the fact that I should never stop writing. Even if I get Diamond Tears published, I'll need more. It's not like I want to just publish one book and then never write again. This is what I want to do for the rest of my life. And no time like the present, right?

And, last but certainly not least, my new project is just frickin' awesome. It's just such a cool idea. I've never seen or heard of anything like it (and I did some searching online when I came up with the idea to make sure it hadn't been done before). Things were a little vague and haphazard at first, but I've done a lot of work firming up the details. I now have a very good idea of how everything is going to work. I have developed the basic plot arc. I've come up with all of the most important characters (though I'm still in the process of naming them) and have been working on back stories. I think this book is going to be really special, and I'm definitely looking forward to writing it.

2 comments: