Friday, March 2, 2012

Changes (again)


Status: On querytracker.net, there's a comment section for each agent where people can post about their experiences/status with querying that agent. I was recently checking out the comment section for one agent I queried, and someone who queried her after me has already been form rejected. I believe this can mean one of two things. Either she liked my query enough that she wants to read my sample pages (essentially moving me on to round two) and just hasn't had time to read them yet, or she never even got my query. I'm voting for choice #1.


Number of queries sent: 18
Number of form rejections: 7
Number of requests for additional materials: 0

So I've changed the name of my blog. Again. I promise this is the last time. But if I do change it again, I'll make sure I delete this post so you'll have no proof.

Just kidding. ;)

I did delete the post where I was talking about the last time I changed my blog's name, though. I did this for two reasons. First, because it didn't talk about anything else, so there really wasn't a compelling reason to keep it. And secondly, because it referenced my profile at the time (which had to do with the blog name), and which has now been drastically changed. So it wouldn't have made any sense, and would've just confused people.

So why did I change it again? Well, for those of you who don't know, my (second) blog name was Reflections from Hundred Acre Wood Studio. This is a reference to my writing room, which I have dubbed Hundred Acre Wood Studio due to my deep and resounding love for all things Winnie the Pooh. Thing is, I've been getting a lot of visits to my blog from people at random places around the world, but don't seem to be getting any repeat visits. I'm also not getting any followers or comments. So I've come to the conclusion that these people are visiting my blog because they think it's about Winnie the Pooh, A.A. Milne, or the like. Which it's not. It's about writing, and my quest to be published. I believe the new blog title reflects that more accurately.

Also, I'm honor bound to admit that my husband reached this conclusion about three seconds after I told him the blog name. And I kind of ignored him. Oops....

My husband also concluded that my new blog name will make people think I'm a hippie. But since I frequently wear tie-dye and things with peace signs on them, I guess I'm okay with that. I even play acoustic guitar! Well, sort of. I'm learning. But still. Point is, I have no problem with my husband's most recent conclusion. Even if the real hippies were a bit before my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment